Hello Writers! Here are some upcoming events for writers for the month of December. More will be added up as they come up, so be sure to check back!
* Inprint Writing Cafe is open on Friday mornings from 9am-12pm to all writers who might like to write in the company of other writers. Coffee, tea, and sodas are available, all of which can be enjoyed for a 50 cent donation. 1520 West Main St.
* First Friday Reading Series is held at Inprint, 1520 W Main St, 8:30pm on the first Friday of every month. Free and open to the public. An open reading always follows the featured poet.
* DECEMBER 5th: Poetry Slam ft. Vocab (sponsored by Sadie’s Soups) with Write About Now at Avant Garden, 411 Westheimer, 7:30-10:30pm. $5 CASH, $6 CARD. At this week’s poetry slam, there will be FREE soup & cookie samples from Sadie’s Soups. On this Wednesday’s menu, there’ll be Chicken & Andouille Sausage Gumbo as well as the “World’s Best Cookies” provided by Tina Moran of Marksville, Louisiana.
* DECEMBER 8th: Open Mic at Rudyard’s British Pub with Public Poetry (Houston, TX), 2010 Waugh Dr. 5-7pm. Bring a 3 minute poem for the first round and 1 minute for the second round. Hosted by Outspoken Bean.
* DECEMBER 18th : Grown-up Storytime 120 at Rudyard’s British Pub, 2010 Waugh Dr. 8pm. $5 – tickets only available at the door, cash or card. “You send us stories, we pick the best ones, and assign them to a rotating crack-squad of expert story readers who show up the night of and wow our socks and/or pants off.”
* DECEMBER 18th: Houston Storytellers Guild Meeting. Story Swap, 1500 Sunset Blvd, 7-8:30pm. Monthly Story Swap. Tell a story of your own (10 minute time limit), or just sit back and listen. If you wish, you may have your story critiqued.
Additionally, every Wednesday night Write About Now poetry takes place at Avant Garden, 7:30pm. Usually $5 cover, $6 if paying by card (although sometimes prices vary according to event and feature). Those who get on the sign up sheet get one poem under 3 minutes.