Thursday, November 14th
* Artists in Conversation at Hooks-Epstein Galleries from 6:30-8pm.
* Barry Bergdoll Lecture: Jean-Jacques Lequeu at Menil Drawing Institute from 7-8pm.
* Lunar Soundscapes at Moody Center for the Arts at Rice University from 7:30-10:30pm. Associate Conductor for the Shepherd School of Music Jerry Hou will lead Shepherd School musicians in a performance in the gallery of “Night of the Four Moons,” composed by George Crumb, and “We Choose to Go to the Moon.”‘ Free and open to the public.
* Performance | Musiqa at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston 6:30-7:30pm.
Friday, November 15th
* Born To Dance: Los Vivancos at Miller Outdoor Theatre from 7-10pm.
* Public Opening: Collection Close-Up: Of Heaven and Earth at The Menil Collection. Refreshments in the foyer with extended hours from 7-8pm. Free and open to all.
* Public Opening | Gareth Long: Kidnappers Foil at BLAFFER Art Museum from 6-9pm. Free and open to the public.
* Sara Carter at Dillon Kyle Architects from 6-8pm. Hosted by Nancy Littlejohn Fine Art.
* Soft Listings by Daniela Koontz at Art League Houston from 6-9pm.
* Romance! at Archway Gallery from 7-9pm. Opus 4 will perform: String Quartet No. 1 by Johannes Brahms, “Echoes” by Bernard Herrmann, and “Oblivion” and “Muerte del Angel” by Astor Piazzolla. Free admission and refreshments.
* Textured Thoughts – Art Reception at Visionary Heights 7-10pm. Solo show of long-time Houston artist, Gerida Brown. Complimentary refreshments will be served.
* The Houston Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live 8pm-2am.
Saturday, November 16th
* Ambient Avenues at Sculpture Month: Chris Becker at The Silos at Sawyer Yards from 2-4pm.
* Resident Artists Open Studios at The Hardy & Nance Studios from 5-9pm.
* Zocalo Artist-in-Residency Launch Party at 8787 Hammerly Blvd from 6-8pm. “Meet the 2020 AiR finalists, view their artwork, mingle over complimentary bites, drinks and a live DJ set! This event is free and open to the public, but space is limited and RSVP is required.”
Sunday, November 17th
* Burton & Booooze – A Burtonesque Market at Karbach Brewing Co. The market with local vendors and artists starts at noon, followed by Beetlejuice on the big screen at 6pm with prizes for the best Tim Burton inspired costumes!
* Convergencia/Convergence Curator’s Tour at Glassell School of Art, 2pm.
* Fluxus Seminarium I: Graphic Notation at BLAFFER Art Museum from 6-7:30pm, a 3-part concert and mini-lecture series exploring the history and legacy of Fluxus art & performance.