Sunday, April 14th – Earth Day, Japan Festival, Willow Waterhole MusicFEST, It Came From The Bayou. Plus Live Music, Local Markets, Fire and Flow, a Songwriter Meetup, Yoga, Tacos, and more. Sunday Funday – So many great options!
* Green Mountain Energy Earth Day Houston at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney) from 12-5pm. Healthy living activities, solar energy displays and other exhibits, live music (Unplugged), a foodie farmer’s market, electric cars, recycling, and more.
** Unplugged at Discovery Green featuring Quiet Company and also Annika Chambers, Handsomebeast, Minor League, The Glass, Leigh Sinclair, and Wax Dream. 12-5pm.
** Kayak at Discovery Green 11am-6pm. $5 for 15 minutes per person. No reservations needed.
** The Rink: Rolling at Discovery Green 11am-9pm. Tickets are $10 per person on-site with $4 skate rental.
* Japan Festival Houston 2019 continues at Hermann Park (6001 Fannin) from 10am-6pm. Free entry! There will be various martial arts and other demonstrations throughout the day as well as numerous food and art and craft vendors. Complete schedule is available on their website.
* Spring Cleaning : “Vintage Edition” at Insomnia Gallery (708 Telephone Rd) 1-5 pm. Free entry. An eclectic mix of vintage vendors selling dresses, streetwear, housewares, jewelry, accessories and more! Pan DE Taco will be serving up tacos outside! Complimentary cocktails will be served at the bar.
* Willow Waterhole MusicFEST 2019 continues starting at noon (5300 Dryad Dr). Live Music, Food, aerialists (12-5pm), stilt walkers (2-5pm), fire dancers (6-8pm), live painting and more! Free entry! Website link: http://www.willowwaterhole.org
* Yoga Options
** BSY at MFAH: Free Yoga from 11am-noon on top of the beautiful BBVA Compass Roof Garden (5101 Montrose Blvd), with a 360 degree view of Houston . Hosted by Black Swan Yoga Kirby.
** Namaste Sundays: free outdoor yoga at The West End (5320 Westheimer) from 10am-11am with YouniverSoul Fest. DJ’s every Sunday! Stick around after Yoga for some Bubbles & Brunch!
* 8th Annual It Came From The Bayou 2019 – Sunday, April 14th with Burning Bones Press at Saint Arnold Brewing Company (2000 Lyons Ave) from 11am-4pm. Printmaking Showcase upstairs in the Beer Hall. Free entry. Prints will be for sale, as well as beer and food from Saint Arnold’s. Music: by REVERBERATION.
* Gooch Palms // Swimwear Department // Cool Moon – Houston at Donkeypaw Screen Printing (1103 East Fwy) 8pm. $8 – $10. All ages.
* Songwriter Sundays at Khon’s (2808 Milam). Sign up at 7:30pm, music from 8-11. Hosted by Maryanna Sokol Music: “The format will evolve over time, but for the first few Sundays we will aim for a songwriter circle/ workshop feel. Bring 2-4 completed songs or unfinished songs needing feedback. We may also do some collaboration and jamming along if anyone is looking for that kinda thing.”
Whatever you choose to do, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! And if you like Alternative Houston, please feel free to tell your friends about it. You can invite them to follow on social media as well. Thank you so much!
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter