Plenty of opportunities to Shop Local and Support Local in January with Artist Markets, Farmers Markets, and more! Many have Live entertainment, Music, Food, Drink, and curated vintage selections as well. There’s even a Punk Rock Garage Sale at the end of the month with no setup/vendor fee for qualifying vendors if you’d like to sell or trade some of your things!
JANUARY 4th (Friday):
* Thorn & Moon Magickal Market at Avant Garden (411 Westheimer) 7pm-12am.
JANUARY 5th (Saturday):
* First Saturday Arts Market – January 5, 2019 (540 W. 19th St) 11am-5pm. Monthly Market since 2004. “Musicians perform their original songs and a different independent food truck is featured each month. Libations provided by Houston Winery, Town in City Brewery & Houston Cider Co. The ever popular shops of 19th Street are just a short walk away!”
* Under the Radar FIRST Saturdays Market (1506 Truxillo St) 4-9pm every 1st Saturday of the month! Family friendly and pet friendly. A variety of one of a kind art, hand crafted jewelry & accessories, hand made & vegan products, succulent art, graphics & tees from local designers, and rare vintage pieces from local curators!
JANUARY 6th (Sunday):
* East End Farmer’s Market (2800 Navigation Blvd) 10am-2pm every Sunday.
JANUARY 8th (Tuesday):
* Axelrad SHOP LOCAL Tuesdays (1517 Alabama) 5-9pm every Tuesday. Vintage and Art Market. Free to attend. Kids welcome til 9pm. Pets always welcome.
* Rice University Farmers Market (5600 Greenbriar) 3:30-6:30pm every Tuesday year-round, rain or shine. Free entry and free parking! With fresh food from local area farms and a variety of other products, this market “supports activities, goods and services that promote community education about the benefits of eating fresh, locally produced food.” If you are interested in vending here are the rules, and here is the application.)
JANUARY 9th (Wednesday):
* Central City Co-Op (2515 Waugh Dr) is open to the public every Wednesday from 9am-6:30pm. Membership in the co-op is not required to shop there but does get you lower prices. Volunteer opportunities for food credit are also available.
JANUARY 12th (Saturday):
* The Market at Sawyer Yards (1502 Sawyer St) 11am-5pm. Curated market in which the maker is the seller, with a focus on folk art and artisan crafts. Packaged specialty foods as well. The market coincides with 2nd Saturday Open Studios, when artists from The Silos at Sawyer Yards, Winter, Spring, Summer and Silver Street Studios, open their studios to the public. Free entry!
JANUARY 13th (Sunday):
* HELLO 2019! Vintage & ART Market (4009 Polk St) 12-6pm. “You can find some of your favorite local artist, makers & vintage curators. Enjoy some old school jams & complimentary cold Karbach brews!!”
JANUARY 18th (Friday):
* Bowie: ART Market & MOVIE NIGHT at Karbach (2032 Karbach St) 5-10pm.
JANUARY 19th (Saturday):
* Epicurean Market | Heights (1245 Heights Blvd) 8:30am-1:30pm. Monthly market showcasing artisan food, sustainable, seasonal produce, plants, art, and live music with a block party, family-friendly atmosphere. Handmade, hand-sewn, crochet and knit items, natural soaps, skin care products, fine art, glass art, ceramics, paintings furniture, candles, home decor and more.
JANUARY 27th (Sunday):
Punk Rock Garage Sale- January 2019! with Deep End Records at Insomnia Gallery (708 Telephone Rd) 1-5pm. 20 + individual vendors will be offering up music equipment, toys, zines, DVDs and VHS, albums and cassettes, clothing, and all kinds of weird stuff! There will be outside and inside vendors, a food truck and some giveaways. No setup/vendor fee for qualifying vendors. Just email email@example.com with a description of what you intend to sell!
#Houston #Shop #Local #Market #FarmersMarket #ShopLocal #SupportLocal