If you’re interested in Open Mics, or if you’re wanting to go sit in and jam somewhere (or check out other musicians who are doing so), here are some regular events. I included a couple karaoke options too, plus a drum jam. Please feel free to let me know of other open mics, jams, etc, as well as any edits for any of these. Thanks!
* Jazz Jam in the First Ward at Cafeza, 1720 Houston Ave. 8-11pm. Weekly jam with Latin jazz percussionist Charlie Perez and friends. Wide repertoire of Latin, Caribbean, and Brazilian pieces, as well as jazz standards. Players and singers are welcome to sit in with the band. No cover.
* Monday Night Jam at Emmit’s Place, 4852 Benning Dr. 8-12. No cover and musicians are welcome to sit in with the band.
* Monday Night Jazz Jam at Catbirds, 1336 Westheimer, 9-12. No cover, drink specials all night.
* Monday Night Karaoke at Darwin’s Pub, 33 Waugh Dr. 8-2 with Bob Lane and friends.
* Acoustic Open Mic Tuesday! at Avant Garden, 411 Westheimer Rd. Sign up at 7pm, Singer Songwriter Open Mic 7:30-2. Must bring musical instrument (no back tracks allowed). 3 song max. No cover. Cash specials at the bar. Taco truck outside.
* Open Mic Night at House of Blues Houston, 1204 Caroline St. 6-9pm on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Mics and house sound provided. Acoustic guitars recommended. Small drums (djembe, congas, etc.) allowed. Full drum kits not provided/allowed.
* Plug N’ Play Open Mic at Leon’s Lounge (1006 McGowen St) 8pm sign up.
* The Big Easy Social and Pleasure Club hosts a Big & Easy Blues Jam every Wednesday at 9:30pm. All welcome! No cover.
* Wednesday Midnight Drum Circle at Last Concert Cafe, 1403 Nance St. Feel free to bring a drum, shaker, cowbell or hula hoop and join in the fun. If you want to go earlier, POTROAST usually plays 10:30 – 11:59 and Hellina Bucket opens the show 8 – 10:30.
* Sunday Drum Jam in the Park at Levy Park, 3801 Eastside, 3pm on the second Sunday of the month.
#Houston #openmic #live #music #acoustic #nocover #listenlocal #supportlocal #artists #musicians
You can also find videos of various local bands on our Local Music Monday page.