Got costumes? We got prizes! Or at least we can tell you who does.
Costume Contests with Cash Prizes and/or Gift Cards, Drink Specials, Dance Parties, Pub Crawls, Costumed Karaoke, Scavenger Hunt, and more!
Scroll down for some spooky fun options whether you’re wanting to go trick or treat. Bonus Monster Mash video with lyrics at the end. Happy Halloween!
Thursday, October 24th
* Halloween at Barbarella (2404 San Jacinto St) 9:30pm. 90s-themed Halloween costume contest.
Saturday, October 26th
* 13th Annual Montrose Crawl at Brasil, Poison Girl, La Grange, Pistolero’s, Boondocks, Stone’s Throw, Catbirds, Present Company, Slick Willie’s, Hay Merchant with costume winners throughout the night. Grand Prize Costume Contest at midnight at Slick Willies. No cover at any of the venues, and a portion of drink sales during the Crawl will be donated to the Houston Area Women’s Center.
* Halloween at the Howl at the Moon (612 Hadley St) 7pm. Drink specials, games, and a costume contest with cash prizes.
* Pearl Bar’s Annual Halloween Costume Party (4216 Washington Ave) 10-2. 👻 BOOz and Drink Potions on Special ALL Night 💰 $$ CASH Prizes for Costume Contest. DJ VON KISS on the ones.
* THE HALLOWEENING VIII: THE RETURNINGING at Rudyards (2010 Waugh Dr) 7-2. Costumes! Food! Drinks! Bands! Frights! Horrors that await include: SPEEDING MOTORCYCLE, PATSY CLINE INCH NAILS, SOFT-REX, and THE BUZZCROCS. $5 if you wear a costume. $10 if you are boring. $75 if you try to half ass it with some junk in your car or if you say “it’s conceptual”
* The Halloween Slash Bash! at Grand Prize Bar (1010 Banks St) 9pm-2am. “Collect the deck scavenger hunt, killer prizes, tunes by Grave City DJ, plus tricks and treats performed by Dylan Bryson.”
Wednesday, October 30th
* Halloween Karaoke and Costume Contest at Neil’s (2006 Walker St) 9pm-2am. No cover. Cash prizes for costume contest winners.
Thursday, October 31st
* BeWitched – Everyday Is Halloween Party at Etro (114 Main St) 10-2. No Cover. Special prizes and drink specials all night!
* Big E’s Honky Tonk Halloween Bash at The Continental Club (3700 Main) 10pm. Halloween Bash w/ Johnny Falstaff. $300 Dollars Cash Prize Costume Contest & Door Prize,Giveaways.
* Ghouls Night Out Halloween Party at The Pink Elephant Room (4218 Washington Avenue) 9-2. Free Halloween Party with Bounce and Turn + Yeah, Houston Parties. Costume Contest (with prizes), screening horror films and DJs Kay Illah, DJ E$ and Act Badd providing the spooky tunes + live performances by DENDE and God Body Bingo.
* Halloween at Barbarella (2404 San Jacinto St) 9:30pm. A mix of all the theme nights, costume contest and more.
* Halloween@Bohemeo’s Darwin’s Finches/Clockpole record release (708 Telephone Rd Ste E) 7:30pm. $5. The Escatones: 8pm. Mockingbird Brother: 8:45. Darwin’s Finches: 9:30. Clockpole: 10:15. I’m In The Funeral Business: before/between/after each band. Best Costume and Best Jack O Lantern wins a free record.
* Halloween 2019: Dead Celebrity Karaoke & Contest at The West End (5320 Westheimer) Registration begins at 7pm. Contest begins at 10pm sharp.
* Numbers Halloween! (300 Westheimer) 8pm doors. $5 cover til 9. Drink specials til 10. BIG CA$H prize costume contest for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place – w/ over $1,500 in ca$h and prizes.
* Rudz Halloween at Rudyard’s (2010 Waugh Dr) 6-2. Pumpkin Carving and Costume Contest winners get a $50 bar tab. Must be present to win. Special drinks, occult-themed sandwich shop of horrors, and horror movies on the screens.