Yoga, Tai Chi, Body by Broadway, Hoola Hooping, Circus Arts, Parkour, Meditation, and more!
Been wanting to get more active and/or check any of these out but don’t want to commit to the time and expense of a gym membership or a class package? You don’t have to. Many of the classes below are offered regularly in park settings or on outdoor patios, and you can drop in to any one and check it out. If you like it, you can go back another time – or as often as you like. They’re free!
Including these in case any of you might find them helpful because when we feel better, we are then in a better position to go pursue our goals and accomplish our tasks. Cheers. Sante. (To your health!)
*Note: Some are weekly, some are not. Specified as such when known. You might want to check the link provided to make sure it’s happening and for any last minute updates before heading over.
* Body By Broadway at Market Square Park, 301 Milam St. 6:30-7:30pm. Sing, squat and plank along to some of your favorite Broadway tunes. In partnership with Theatre Under The Stars and Define body & mind Houston, this bi-monthly series takes place every 2nd and last Tuesday of the month through August.
* Circus Arts 6-8pm at Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney. Taught by Cirque la Vie.
* Core Focused Yoga 6:30-7:30pm at Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney.
* Teach You Tuesday at Bagby Park, 415 Gray St. 6-8pm. First and third Tuesdays. Classes that inspire, motivate, and teach you? They were doing Tai Chi for a while. Currently teaching BollyX – The Bollywood Workout, a fitness class with Bollywood-inspired choreography.
* Yoga at Levy Park, 3801 Eastside, 6pm. Taught by Joy Yoga Center
* Zumba at Midtown Park, 2811 Travis St, 6:30-7:30pm. Hosted by Midtown Houston.
* Parkour at Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney. 6:30-8pm. Taught by Urban Movement.
* Samba Dance Class at Midtown Park, 2811 Travis St. Second Thursday of the month from 7-9pm. Bringing a dance partner is not necessary to participate. The class is free and open to all skill levels. Instruction is provided by the Brazilian Arts Foundation.
* Capoeira Class and Circle at Midtown Park, 2811 Travis St. 7-9pm on the 2nd Friday of the month. A unique Afro-Brazilian martial art that combines spins, turns, precisely aimed kicks, evasive defense moves, and breathtaking acrobatics. The class is free and open to all skill levels! Instruction is provided by the Brazilian Arts Foundation.
* Midtown in Motion 2nd and 4th Saturdays at Bagby Park, 415 Gray St, 9:30-11:30am. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) class at 9:30am and Yoga Flow class at 10:30am for all fitness levels, weather permitting. Free.
* Yoga at Levy Park, 3801 Eastside, 10am.
* YOUniverSOUL Free CommUNITY Yoga at Midtown Park, 2811 Travis St. First Saturday of every month at 9am.
* Circus at the Disco (Hoola Hooping) at Discovery Green with Cool Honey’s Circus and Punk Rock Hoops every other Sunday from 10-11:30am. 1500 McKinney. Dates vary, but they usually post events on their facebook page. You can check for them here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CoolHoneysCircus/events/