In it’s 26th year. ArtCrawl 2018 is this Saturday, November 17th from 10am-9pm. With over 165 participating artists in several warehouses and galleries, it is the largest free public art event in Houston. Visitors get to feel like guests in friendly and casual open-studios, in which they also have the opportunity to buy art directly from the artists. Several of the places will have refreshments and entertainment as well.
Here is the Art Crawl map, followed by links to the participating locations in the order they are on the Art Crawl map. When there is an accompanying event page with more details, it is listed as well.
2. ArtCrawlHouston2018 at Mother Dog Studios, 720 Walnut St, 10am-9pm. “The original cluster of artists warehouses in Downtown Houston annual open studios.”
** There will also be a Bike Scramble starting at 2pm In front of Mother Dog Studios.
** ArtCrawl Houston 2018 Music! at Mother Dog Studios, 720 Walnut St, 12-7pm. Starting at noon with Steff Overton, Underground Rock Harpist. Steff will be on throughout the day, so you’ll have a couple chances to see him.
Wylde Meade will be on at 1pm and again at 2:30pm. Celtic and folk music. Then at 5pm, Sisters Celia & Ella will be there with their Multi-Genre repertoire!
+ “Open Bar, multitudes of art from a HUGE array of artists!”
** Body Language Figures of Speech at Mother Dog Studios, 720 Walnut St, 10am-9pm. an Art eXhibition curated by john runnels.
3. Fifth Ward Hotel: m ARCHITECTS, 1206 Nance St.
7. Houston Undrgrnd, 850 McKee
8. ArtCrawl Houston 2018 at Hardy & Nance Studios, 902 Hardy St, 10am-10pm on Saturday (plus Hardy & Nance Studios will also have an additional Open Studio Day on Sunday from 12-5pm). Two Star Symphony will perform 6-9pm on Saturday with artist talks between sets. Twisted Catfish food truck will be onsite Saturday from 12pm-10pm. Beverages provided by Karbach Brewing Co.
9. DAVID ADICKES Sculpture Studio, 2401 Nance St. See the giant presidential heads up close! Great photo ops.
10. Artcrawl 2018 at Elder Street Artists Lofts, 1101 Elder St, 10am–9pm. Elder Street Artists open their doors for an art sale and open studios day. Complimentary beverages from 8th Wonder Brewery & Topo Chico USA, and a food truck available on site!
Benefit Betties will be joining from 10am-6pm and collecting care package supplies for deployed service members overseas. You can see what they’re collecting here.
And as for music, James Curtis will be doing a few acoustic sets from 1-3pm, and Kevin Jefferies – Stuff will be playing Americana and original music from 7-9pm.
(Photo by Tré Ridings)
11. UP Art Studio, 104 Main Street
12. Notsuoh, 314 Main Street
13. Federal Reserve Building / Harambee Art Gallery,1301 Texas Ave.
See local art from Houston artists, take part in meditative yoga Melanin Yoga Project at 9a with live drumming, enjoy food and beverage tasting, and get the first look of “The Ladies in The Hat” skit, as Oni Muhammad make her director’s debut. Oni Muhammad.’
15. Houston MediaSource, 410 Roberts Street
16. Art Crawl 2018 at Super Happy Fun Land! 3801 Polk St. 10am-10pm. 2018 Art Crawl Featuring art by Poopy Lungstuffing, Flakey, Katie Lamascus, Jesus Navarro, and the SHFL Randos! Musical performance by Demonic Hen 1pm & 3pm, and Vmthanaachth 6pm-7pm.
18. Art Crawl 2018 at Canal Street Studios, 5210 Canal St, 10am-9pm. “Once a year we open our door to the public for open studios! Check out the work of our resident artists, from photography to painting to fiber to metals. Look at cool machines, see some live painting, enjoy a beer!”
** Cinema Crawl at Canal Street Studios, 5210 Canal St, 10am-9pm.Hosted by Generators Playground. Enjoy a FREE screening of David Cronenberg’s 1981 Sci-Fi Horror/Thriller classic SCANNERS. They will also be featuring short videos from Houston’s own filmmakers. Black Cassidy Art. and @baoist_art will be live painting during the event. And food will be for sale by Mexi-Viet Pop-Up “CHURROLLS”. Eggrolls, churros, hotdogs, hot cocoa and of course popcorn.