Houston Art Car Parade, though the largest, is only one part of all the Houston Art Car events happening throughout the year. Here you can find links and connects to some of the various events in the city – and more will be added as they pop up.
April 6th (Saturday)
* Art in the Park will take place at Baldwin Park (1701 Elgin) from 10am – 6pm. In addition to art, live music, food, and fun, this festival will also have several art cars on site. Free entry!
* Saint Arnold will host an Art Car Decorating Contest at Little Woodrow’s Rice Village (5911 Morningside Dr) at 1pm. Car will be provided. Bring your own art decorations. The winning team will receive VIP passes to the Houston Art Car Parade! Email LWRVAGM@LittleWoodrows.com to enter.
April 11th (Thursday)
* Houston Art Car Parade Sneak Peek at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney) from 6-10pm. A fun and free event, there will also be live music with Saved by the 90s and Swimwear Department!
* The Legendary Art Car Ball 2019 takes place at Hermann Square @ City Hall (900 Smith St) at 7pm. Tickets for general admission are $30 in advance / $35 at the door. VIP tickets are also available. Live Music with Boyfriend, SAILOR POON, Free Radicals 2nd Line, and DJ Fred Ster. There will also be fire and flow arts with Y. E. Torres and MDSO & Renegade Carnies.
April 13th (Saturday)
* 32nd Annual Houston Art Car Parade in downtown Houston. The Starting Line Party will be at Allen Parkway @ Heiner St from 11am-2pm with live music from Swimwear Department, Blue Heron Yacht Club and DJ Splice of Life. There will also be food trucks, beverages and restrooms nearby. The actual parade will take place from 2-4pm, and commentary will be taking place on the stage near the starting line.
Although the parade is free and open for all to attend, Reserved Grandstand Seating is available. Tickets ($30-35) are going fast though, so it’s recommended to get them in advance if you’re wanting that option. VIPit Experience is also available.
The event is family friendly, and there will be a free Kids Creative Zone at Sam Houston Park (1000 Bagby St) from 11am-2pm with hands-on interactive art projects and workshops. They will also have live music there from Alchemist Piano Theatre, Girls Rock Camp Houston, and Houston Youth Symphony.
* Art Car Parade After Party at Saint Arnold Brewing Company (2000 Lyons Ave) 5:30-8pm. A lot of the art cars will be showing up there after the parade so it will be another opportunity to see them up close!
April 14th (Sunday)
September 21st (Saturday)
* Cirque du Freak benefiting Artists for Artists at Spring Street Studios 7pm.
Here are some old photos if you want to look at previous years.
I’ll be adding some more up tonight.
* Art Car Website: http://www.thehoustonartcarparade.com/
* Orange Show Center for Visionary Art: http://orangeshow.org/
* Art Car Museum, 140 Heights Blvd. Open Wednesday through Sunday from 11am-6pm. (Closed Monday and Tuesday.) Free admission!
#houston #art #artcar #parade #artcarball