Thursday, November 15h ~ Live Music, Art, Free Museums, and more! Feel free to share!
Free admission every Thursday to the following museums:
* Houston Museum of Natural Science, 5555 Hermann Park Dr. 2-5pm.
* The Health Museum, 1515 Hermann Dr. 2-7pm.
* The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 1001 Bissonnet St. 10am-9pm.
* Kyle Hollingsworth Band (Greensky late night) Last Concert Cafe, 1403 Nance St. 9pm.
* Leonard “Lowdown” Brown Band Live at The Shakespeare Pub! 14129 Memorial Dr, 9pm.
* Opening Reception | Laura Duerwald: Changeable Conditions at Gremillion & Co. Fine Art, Inc. 2501 Sunset Blvd. 6-8pm.
* The Holy Knives Album Release Tour + En Banc At Axelrad, 1517 Alabama, 8pm. Plus DJ Fred Ster will end the evening with a groovy set!
* The Skatalites, The Skatastrophics, Los Wasted Tones in Houston at Houston Undrgrnd, 850 McKee, 15$ at the door. Los Wasted Tones 9pm. The Skatastrophics 10pm. The Skatalites Band 11pm.
* The World Rejects/2spvced/Lowkeylife & more at Notsuoh, 314 Main St. 8pm.
Wednesday, November 14th. An Art Meetup, Nutcracker Ballet, Karaoke, Poetry, Blues Dancing, Live Music, Drumming, Foraging, and more! Feel free to share!
* Central City Co-Op (2515 Waugh Dr) is open to the public every Wednesday from 9am-6:30pm. Membership in the co-op is not required to shop there but does get you lower prices. Volunteer opportunities for food credit are also available.
* Heights Funk Collective at Notsuoh, 314 Main St, 8pm.
* Karaoke at Dean’s Downtown, 316 Main St. 9pm.
* Karaoke Night at The Secret Group, All Day Happy Hour! 2101 Polk St. 10pm.
* Poetic Nights on the Bayou featuring Christina Cantu at Renee’s on the Bayou, 2541 N. MacGregor Way. Doors open at 7pm, Open Mic begins at 8pm. All artists are welcomed! #Poets, #Singers, #SpokenWordArtists, #Comedians, etc! $10 Cover / $5 All Performing Artists.
* The Ataris ‘So Long Astoria’ 15th Anniversary Tour at Satellite Bar, 6922 Harrisburg Blvd, 7pm.
* The Big Easy Social and Pleasure Club hosts a Big & Easy Blues Jam every Wednesday starting at 9:30pm. All welcome! No cover. 🎷🎤
* Wednesday Night Drum Circle at Last Concert Cafe, 1403 Nance St. Feel free to bring a drum, shaker, cowbell or hula hoop and join in the fun. If you want to go earlier, POTROAST plays 10:30-11:59 and Hellina Bucket opens the show 8-10:30.
* 8pm Lesson and Social Dance at Nouveau, 2913 Main St. Blues dancing 8-11:30pm.
Tuesday, November 13th. Storytelling, Songwriting, a Sketch Social, Live Music, Several Open Mics, Local Markets, and more! Feel free to share!
* Acoustic Open Mic Tuesday! at Avant Garden, 411 Westheimer. Sign up at 7pm, Singer Songwriter Open Mic 7:30-2. Must bring musical instrument (no back tracks allowed). No cover. $2 beer special. $3 wells. $2 tacos.
* Electric Pumpkin Carnival by Liquid Alchemist & Campari at Grand Prize Bar, 1010 Banks St, 9pm-12am. ***Seasonal cocktails! 🍁 EDM / Grime / Glitch hop / dance! 🦄 Neon face painter! 🌈 Pumpkin pie! 🥧 Kandi! 🍭Poi! ***
* Heights Vinyl OPEN MIC Night, 3301 Cline St, every Tuesday 9pm. A managed music free-for-all. Musicians jump in and out. Mics passed around to singers. Any and all types of Instruments welcome.
Last Concert Cafe, 1403 Nance St:
** Manifesto Showcase At Last Concert Cafe (Nov 13) 7-9pm, poetry & music.
** Jam Nights At Last Concert Cafe Every Tuesday! 9-12. Howard and the Nosebleeds offer a set of their original material followed by a hosted jam. Free entry. All levels of musicians welcome. Backline available.
* Local Flavor: Season of Giving (Houston Food Bank Food Drive) at Gravity, 2401 MAIN ST SUITE 200, 8pm with The Department of Dance and DJ Matthew Dunn.
* Open Mic Comedy at Boondocks, 1417 Westheimer. Sign up starts around 8pm. Show starts at 9/10.
* Rice University Farmers Market, 5600 Greenbriar Dr. 3:30-6:30pm. Free entry and free parking.
* Sketch Social at Honey Art Cafe, 3516 South Shepherd Dr, 7-9pm. Hosted by Visual Arts Alliance VAA. Join VAA for a low-key coffee social, sketch party, and discussion of Texas art. Bring your own sketching material, or rent a watercolor kit from the cafe!
* Songwriter’s Night : Feat. the photography of Tracy Anne Hart at Siphon Coffee, 701 W Alabama St. 6-9pm. Ben Jarrad & Scott Benton, from Ruckus, will be the hosts. “We encourage original music & want songwriters/musicians to come play some songs!”
* The Moth “Beginnings” – The Ballroom at Warehouse Live, 813 Saint Emanuel St. Doors at 6:30pm. Show at 7:30pm. $10. Real stories told live.
Monday, November 12th event options.Open Mics, Open Music Jams, Jazz, Karaoke, Comedy, and more. Feel free to share!
* Cafeza Presents – Jazz Jam in the First Ward, 1720 Houston Ave. 8-11pm. Weekly jam with Latin jazz percussionist Charlie Perez and friends. Wide repertoire of Latin, Caribbean, and Brazilian pieces, as well as jazz standards. Players and singers are welcome to sit in with the band. No cover.
* Colton Turner + DJ Big E live at Big Top Lounge, 3717 Main St, 7pm. $10.
* Cutthroat Comedy Open Mic at PJ’s. Cheap Drinks and No Cover, 614 W Gray St. 8-10pm.
* Darwin’s Pub has Karaoke from 9-2, 33 Waugh Dr. No cover and drink specials including $1 Frozen Mimosas!
* Death From Above, le butcherettes Houston at Warehouse Live, 813 Saint Emanuel St. Doors 7:30pm. Show at 8:30.
* Dry Johnson hosts Monday Night Jam at Emmit’s Place, 4852 Benning Dr. 8-12. Open jam, all musicians welcome. A fun night whether you listen or play!
* Free Radicals play a free show at Avant Garden, 411 Westheimer, 10pm. Jazz and funk.
* Rudyard’s Open Mic Comedy Night (Free!! doors 7:30pm), 2010 Waugh Dr.
* They, Who Sound at Lawndale Art Center, 4912 Main St, 7:30-9:30pm. Doors open at 7. “experimental sound-making, improvised music, noises, the sounding of art, the performance of art and . . . Different Artists and Performers Every Monday at Lawndale. Two distinct sets each night.”
* Vibraphone Jazz, Houston Legend Harry Sheppard at Brasil Houston, 2604 Dunlavy St, 8-10pm.
Sunday, November 11th event options include Blues for Food, Art, Live Music, Hoola Hooping at a Brewery, a Chili Cookoff, Local Markets, Open Mic, and more! Feel free to share
* Axelmarket Sunday Fundays at Axelrad, 1517 Alabama St every Sunday starting at 8am with a Midtown Farmers Market in the adjoining parking lot. By noon, doors to the bar will open the drinks and the music will flow.
** Between Sounds Open Mic at Axelrad. All performers are welcome – bands, solo performers, duos, acoustic acts, comedians, spoken word artists – anything! Sign up sheet will be out at 5pm-5:30pm only. Performances happen between 5:45pm and 9pm.
* Billy Joe Shaver at The Heights Theater, 339 W 19th St. Doors 6pm. Show at 7pm.
* Book of Wryms, Merkava, Fiddle Witch and the Demons of Doom at Rudyard’s British Pub, 2010 Waugh Dr. Doors 8pm, music 9pm. 21+ $6.
* Burton & Booooze! at Karbach Brewing Restaurant and Patio 2032 Karbach St. 12-8pm. Shop local vendors & artisans at the Burtonesque Art Market from noon-5pm & don your best character costume for the costume contest at 3pm! Starting at 6pm, Alamo Drafthouse Houston will be rolling out the big screen for a special showing of “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
* Cafeza Sessions with Patric Johnston, 1720 Houston Ave. 8-10pm. Free admission.
* Curators Lecture Series with Clare Elliott on Max Ernst at The Menil Collection, 1533 Sul Ross St, 3-4pm. Free and open to everyone.
* Holy Golden * El Lago * Astragal * Laser Background at Satellite Bar, 6922 Harrisburg Blvd, 8pm. All ages. $8. Hosted by Wallflower Records.
* Hoops and Hops at Under the Radar! 1506 Truxillo St. 12-3pm. “Tons of shady space to hoop, awesome local beer, cool people! A food truck too! We’ve got plenty of (adult sized and kid sized) hula hoops for you to use, so come out and play! Family friendly.” ♥
* Hot Jazz Sundays at Rudz (6-8pm, free) at Rudyard’s British Pub, 2010 Waugh Dr, 6-8pm.
* Smoking Popes at The Secret Group, 2101 Polk St. 7pm. $18.
* The Painted Band & Brunch at MKT BAR, Sunday, 11/11, 12-3 PM, 1001 Austin St. Jazz and more with Teofilo Bijarro on bass, Justin Lowe on piano, Phunky Boodah on drums, and Pete Sullivan on saxes.
* The Stacks with Kathryn Way! at Station Theater, 1230 Houston Ave. 7pm. Free. BYOB. “Ned, Ruth, and Josh welcome the brilliant Kathryn Way to discuss things she’s publishing, loving, and insta stars who break down a lot.”
* Wabash Tasting at Wabash Feed 4537 N. Shepherd, 12-2:30pm. “Enjoy a sampling of Scotty’s Stout Sauerkraut and Kimchi, Texas Gourmet, Eureka Heights Brewery and Garden Gourmet products. Eureka Heights Brew Co will be sampling their newly canned Buckle Bunny and Mini Boss.”
* Wye Oak, Thor and Friends at Rockefellers, 3620 Washington Ave. Doors 8pm. Thor and Friends 9pm. Wye Oak 10pm.
* 1st Annual Chili Cook-Off at Revelry on Richmond, 1613 Richmond Ave, 1-6pm. For $5 Revelry’s guest will receive a wrist band and a ballot, they will then be able to taste everyone’s food and cast their vote.
* 11/11 Healing Circle & Sound Bath Portal, 215 Grove St. 5-9pm. $10 suggested donation.
Posted by Houston Healing Circles on Tuesday, November 6, 2018