Creatives on Stage! Want your chance at the mic? Open Mics and Jams for music, spoken word, poetry, and comedy. Karaoke too. Your chance to get on stage and share your creativity!
*Note: Not all listed are weekly. Some are biweekly or monthly so read the details. I try to keep this list updated and current, but all things in life are subject to change so feel free to check with the venue before heading over to make sure it’s taking place.
(Inner Loop and Near. May add an extended version later for surrounding areas)
* Jazz Jam in the First Ward at Cafeza (1720 Houston Ave) 8-11pm. Weekly jam with Latin jazz percussionist Charlie Perez and friends. Wide repertoire of Latin, Caribbean, and Brazilian pieces, as well as jazz standards. Players and singers are welcome to sit in with the band. No cover.
* Monday Night Jam at Emmit’s Place (4852 Benning Dr) 8-12. No cover and musicians are welcome to sit in with the band.
* Monday Night Jazz Jam at Catbirds (1336 Westheimer) 9-12. No cover, drink specials all night.
* Monday Night Karaoke at Darwin’s Pub (33 Waugh Dr) 8-2 with Bob Lane and friends. $1 pool, Frozen Mimosa’s, and other specials!
* Open Mic Comedy Night at Rudyard’s British Pub (2010 Waugh Dr) Free! Doors at 7:30pm.
* Plug N’ Play Music Group : Monday Open Mic Downtown Houston at The Cottonmouth Club (108 Main St) 8pm-1am. Hosted by Jay Bee Zay.
* Open Mic Night at House of Blues Houston (1204 Caroline S) 6-9pm on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Mics and house sound provided. Acoustic guitars recommended. Small drums (djembe, congas, etc.) allowed. Full drum kits not provided/allowed.
* Poetry Open Mic with Write About Now at Avant Garden (411 Westheimer) 7:30-10:30pm. Open Mics are open to all. You get one poem under 3 minutes! Sign up list goes up at 7:30pm. $5 CASH. $6 CARD. (Price may vary for special events.)
* The Big Easy Social and Pleasure Club (5731 Kirby Dr) hosts a Big & Easy Blues Jam every Wednesday at 9:30pm. All are welcome. No cover.
* Wednesday Midnight Drum Circle at Last Concert Cafe (1403 Nance St) Feel free to bring a drum, shaker, cowbell or hula hoop and join in the fun. If you want to go earlier, POTROAST usually plays 10:30 – 11:59 and Hellina Bucket opens the show 8 – 10:30.
* Open Mic at Khon’s (2808 Milam St) 8-11pm. New weekly open mic in the new space next to Khon’s. Music, poetry and more.
* Writespace Monthly Workshop Open Mics (2000A Edwards St. Ste. 208) Read your work in front of a supportive and encouraging audience. Everyone is welcome, all levels. Free Event but secure your tickets here. If you are interested in reading, fill out the form linked here.
* Classical Revolution Houston hosts a Sunday night monthly event at Brasil Houston. Those who play classical music and read sheet music are welcome to join. The event is free and open to all people.
For edits, suggestions, additions, etc. email: email@example.com
#Houston #openmic #live #music #acoustic #nocover #comedy #variety #showcase #art #poetry #listenlocal #supportlocal #artists #musicians #venues