Yoga, Tai Chi, Body by Broadway, Body Barre, Hoola Hooping, Dancing, Zumba, Capoeira, Parkour, and more!
If you’ve been wanting to get more active and/or check any of these out but don’t want to commit to the time and expense of a gym membership or a class package, you don’t have to. Many of the classes below are offered regularly in park settings or on outdoor patios, and you can drop in to any one and check it out. If you like it, you can go back another time – or as often as you like. They’re free! Or you can at least try them out and see if you might like to go do any of these elsewhere.
Including these in case any of you might find them helpful because when we feel better, we are then in a better position to go pursue our goals and accomplish our tasks. Cheers. Sante. (To your health!)
*Note: Some are weekly, some are not. Specified as such when known. You might want to check the link provided to make sure it’s happening and for any last minute updates before heading over.
* Body By Broadway at Market Square Park (301 Milam St) 6:30-7:30pm. Sing, squat and plank along to some of your favorite Broadway tunes. In partnership with Theatre Under The Stars and Define body & mind Houston, this bi-monthly series takes place every 2nd and last Tuesday of the month through August.
* Discovery Green Yoga and Singing Bowls with YOUniverSoul Fest and Montrose Yoga Cooperative (1500 McKinney) 6:30 – 7:30pm every Tuesday. Bring your own mat, and feel free to bring snacks for an optional picnic afterward.
* Yoga at Levy Park (3801 Eastside) 6pm every Tuesday.
* Zumba at Midtown Park (2811 Travis St) 6:30-7:30pm every Tuesday.
* Body Barre at Levy Park (3801 Eastside) 6pm every Wednesday. A full body, low impact workout that incorporates pilates, yoga, core strengthening, and ballet.
* Parkour at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney) 6:30 – 7:30pm every Thursday.
* Samba Dance Class at Midtown Park (2811 Travis St) on the second Thursday of the month from 7-9pm. Bringing a dance partner is not necessary to participate. The class is free and open to all skill levels.
* Yoga at Levy Park (3801 Eastside) 6pm every Thursday.
** Bollywood and Bhangra Dance Class at Levy Park 7pm every Thursday.
* Tai Chi at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney) from noon to 1pm every Friday.
* Family Capoeira Class at Midtown Park (2811 Travis St) on the third Saturday of the month from 10am-11am.
* HIIT&RUN at Discovery Green from 10:30 – 11:30am, an 8 week practical self defense and empowerment class for people of all fitness levels.
* Yoga at Levy Park (3801 Eastside) 10am every Saturday.
* YOUniverSOUL Free CommUNITY Yoga at Midtown Park (2811 Travis St) First Saturday of the month usually (check schedule, the May yoga will be May 11th) at 10am.
* First Sunday Cool Honey’s Circus (Hoola Hooping) at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney) with Cool Honey’s Circus and Punk Rock Hoops on the first Sunday of the month (check event page to make sure) from 9:30am – 11:30am.
* Yoga at Levy Park (3801 Eastside) 10am every Sunday.
#houston #free #fitness #class #innerloop #yoga #parkour #zumba #hoolahooping #hulahooping