The Recording Academy and its affiliate MusiCares have established the COVID-19 Relief Fund to help professionals in the working in the music industry. The established charity also accepts contributions for those who wish to donate. MusicCares has previously supported the victims of flooding on the Gulf, in Nashville, and Hurricanes Harvey, Katrina, and Sandy.
With the city of Houston’s travel restrictions and public performance space closures, many professional musicians living and working in Houston have been sidelined. The website linked at bottom contains links to additional resources.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
Applicants must be able to document participation in one of the following areas:
– At least 3 years of employment in the music industry and/or
– 6 commercially released recordings (singles)
– 6 commercially or promotionally released music videos
FAQ From the website (link follows):
“Music industry professionals may apply for basic living assistance (rent or mortgage). Initial grant requests can be made up to $1000 to compensate for cancelled work that was scheduled and lost. Should we receive additional funding, we will evaluate the grant amounts available. All items below must be included in your request:
– A completed MusiCares application
– Proof of cancellations and bookings
– Copy of your lease agreement or mortgage statement which includes account numbers, vendor address and your name on the lease or statement
* Please note that incomplete applications will not be reviewed and requests will be processed in the order in which received. It could take up to two weeks to process a completed application.”