April 2018 events below.
(View photos from Art Car 2014 here.)
* April 9th: Calling Art Car Artists and Enthusiasts! at FM Kitchen and Bar, 1112 Shepherd Dr. Art Car Happy Hour from 6-9pm. “Art Car Artists will enjoy complimentary light bites and 2 drink tickets. Enthusiasts can mingle with the artists and take advantage of a special “Orange Show” cocktail for $5. Proceeds from the cocktail will support The Orange Show.”
* April 12th: Art Car Sneak Peek at Discovery Green, 1500 McKinney St. 6-10pm. “A preview of many of the amazing art cars in this year’s parade, with a special performance of “Art Car Concerto,” a composition created to be played on car horns; plus entertainment, food, drink and live music.” Reverend Butter will be sculpting live at the park.
* April 13th: The Legendary Art Car Ball 2018 at Hermann Square @ City Hall, 900 Smith St, 7-11pm. With entertainment from Golden Dawn Arkestra, Free Radicals Street Band, DJ Fredster, Ms. YET ( Y. E. Torres) and the Renegade Carnies, MDSO. Tickets are $30 in advance.
* April 14th
**Art Car Parade Downtown Houston returns to Allen Parkway but also includes downtown. Check out the new route.
** Flying Pig Festival at Khon’s beer.wine.art, 2808 Milam St, 5-9pm. A Saturday evening filled with live music, food vendors, a local artist, a designer, and vintage pop up market, and art cars! Free entry. Cash bar on the roof. Art Cars will be parked in the parking lot and will roll out for an illuminated ride after dark.
* April 21st: Toy Art Car Parade and 12×12 Art Show at Rockstar Gallery – State of the ART Shows, 5700 Northwest Central Dr. 6-10pm. The parade is at 6, the 12×12 art show will follow, the cars will be on display after the parade for you to view, some will even be for sale! There will also be local craft beer, food trucks, and music! Free admission, but donations are appreciated.
* November 10th: World Art Car Day 2018 at Saint Arnold Brewing Company, 2000 Lyons Ave, 5-7pm. Admission is free, and a plethora of local art cars will be onsite to view before their illuminated drive out at 7:30pm.
View photos from Art Car 2014 here.
* Art Car Website: http://www.thehoustonartcarparade.com/
* Orange Show Center for Visionary Art: http://orangeshow.org/
* Art Car Museum, 140 Heights Blvd. Open Wednesday through Sunday from 11am-6pm.(Closed Monday and Tuesday.) Free admission!